New Date: Nordic Robotics Event Moves to 2022
R-21, the new Nordic robotics event, should have been 2021’s big gathering point for an industry developing rapidly, but the event is now moved to 2022 due to COVID-19.
Visitors should have been arriving at the biggest robotics event in the Nordics at the beginning of March 2021. But Danish government restrictions and a rising infection rate has made it difficult to go through with the event as planned.
– We have been looking forward to running a completely unique event at Odense Congress Center – an event that will be the gathering point for the Nordic robotics industry. But the scenario right now is that COVID-19 is throwing a wrench in our plans. Sadly 2021 is not going to be our year, but we will return with a vengeance in 2022, says Katarina Fruerlund Deylami, Business Unit Manager at the Event department at Odense Congress Center.
Top-notch Safety Despite COVID-19
With the “Clean & Safe” concept Odense Congress Center has ensured that fairs and other events can continue to run in safe and secure conditions with lots of visitors. Even so, OCC has chosen to move the robotics event as it will not be able to reach the anticipated high standards because of COVID-19.
– With regards to safety, we could easily run the event at Odense Congress Center. Our “Clean & Safe” concept would guarantee a safe fair experience. However, the development relating to COVID-19 and the many restrictions, bans and recommendations mean that a large number of exhibitors and visitors from abroad won’t be able to attend the fair, says Katarina Fruerlund Deylami as she continues:
– At the same time we have both Danish and foreign exhibitors who have been banned by their companies from attending any events up until the summer of 2021. So, now we are looking forward to 2022, where hopefully we are all able to meetup and run an incredible robotics event.
Huge Support from the Industry
Since the release of R-21 and the great ambitions behind the robotics event, the fair has been met by an impressive backing and great interest from the industry. Even though Katarina Fruerlund Deylami is disappointed about not being able to complete R-21, she has no doubt that the fair in 2022 will become a massive attraction:
– We have experienced such great support for the fair, even in the midst of these corona times. Stand sales have been performing well, and we were just about to reveal a conference programme with exceptionally high standards. This is all very promising for the event in 2022, where hopefully we are able to run an event under more ordinary circumstances.
The move of the fair to 2022 has made the robotics industry act with great understanding and lots of support.
– Moving R-21 to 2022 is the right decision. Even though we, with the current restrictions, would be able to run a safe and secure fair, many exhibitors and visitors are not able to participate due to COVID-19. We completely support that instead of running half an event in 2021, we will see the big robotics fair in 2022 that we have dreamt of, says exhibitor and Director at Gibotech, Henrik Anker.
Discover exciting technologies and solutions that can improve and optimize the future of your company, when R-22 – the Nordic countries largest fair in robots, automation and drones – is launched at Odense Congress Center from March 23-25, 2022.